Monday 27 February 2017

New Author Website!

I've been busy these past couple of weeks putting the finishing touches to my brand new author website. It's so much cleaner and easier to navigate than the old site, and as promised, I've included a lot more sample chapters.

The focus, as always, is on science fiction and steampunk. But the biggest surprise has been the long-term popularity of Sunset on Ramree, my sole venture into historical fiction. Its sales have been steady for years and show no signs of petering out. Readers from as far afield as India and Australia have been fascinated (and horrified) by the true story of this mass crocodile attack during World War Two, and I've even heard from someone whose relative actually fought in the Battle of Ramree.

The biggest seller of 2016 was Alien Safari. It's also consistently received the best reviews and reader feedback of any title in the Cosmic Frontiers collection (it garnered an EPIC Award nomination and an Ariana Award win!). That's all the more gratifying because it's my first fully self-published novel. A sequel is underway and should be ready later in the year.

In the meantime, head on over to www.robertappletonscifi.com to check out my latest titles and enjoy a few sample chapters of books you might have missed.

Best wishes,

Robert

No comments: