Thursday 17 February 2011

Top Pick Review for The Mysterious Lady Law!


AmyC at Night Owl Reviews gave my steampunk novella 4.5/5 and a Top Pick rating! And the best part: she cited my two favourite Victorian authors, Haggard and Wells, in her review. :doffs bowler hat to AmyC:

Here's a snippet:

"Mr. Appleton’s voice reminded me of all the great classic books I loved to read, Haggard, Wells—so I was absolutely thrilled to find a modern day book with the same tone. Mr. Appleton’s Victorian London was very well done and I wouldn’t hesitate to read more of his works or recommend him to Steampunk fans."

Read the full review here

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations!! A most deserved compliment and citing your two fave authors as well...Incredible! I'm thoroughly enjoying Lady law, though I had to stop to work on my own edits. I can't wait to dive back into it and I must say you have captured the essence of the steampunk genre.

Robert Appleton said...

Thanks for the compliments, Melissa! I'm never happier as a writer than when I'm slipping into retro-English and conjuring up those "proper-mannered" pulp adventures.

Hope you enjoy the rest of Lady Law!